For Health Plan Members
Our Top Priority is Your Health and Safety
Matrix is committed to keeping Members healthy and connected to care during the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) public health emergency. You, a friend or family member may be scheduled, or will be contacted to schedule, a health and wellness visit with a Matrix medical professional in your home, on a video wellness call or in a Matrix mobile health clinic.
We realize you may have questions about how we are following the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidelines and practices to protect you and our providers during all visits. Please read key facts and updates included in the answers to frequently asked questions, the latest news releases and helpful pages on the CDC website.
If you have immediate COVID-19 (Coronavirus) symptoms or concerns, please contact your primary care provider. It may be helpful to use the CDC’s Coronavirus Self-Checker which provides recommendations on the actions you should take based on your symptoms, exposure, underlying health conditions and risk.
Q. Are you testing the Matrix Nurse Practitioners for COVID-19 prior to having visits in Members homes?
A. Yes. Matrix is testing our providers on a regular basis to ensure they remain COVID-free. In addition, Our Nurse Practitioners screen themselves for COVID-19 symptoms, and take their own temperature prior to starting work each day. We require all Nurse Practitioners to attest to being symptom-free.
Q. For In-home visits, what precautions are the Matrix Nurse Practitioners taking to protect themselves and Members?
A: Our Nurse Practitioners take the following precautions: View Safety Notice
- Self-screen for COVID-19 symptoms and exposure before the visit and throughout the day.
- Screen all Members for COVID-10 symptoms at the door or by phone prior to the visit. (See screening question for more details).
- Use hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol often, before and after every Member interaction.
- Wash hands with soap and water often, for twenty (20) seconds after eating, going to the bathroom, coughing and sneezing or if they are visibly dirty.
- Use Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) including hand sanitizers, disinfectant sprays, masks and gloves following CDC recommendations during every member interaction.
- Provide masks to you and members of your household, if needed.
- Keep at least six feet of distance except during the physical exam and screenings.
Q. For In-home visits, what steps will Members be required to take to ensure safety?
A: Members should wash their hands before and after the visit and wear a mask.
Q. Will the Matrix Nurse Practitioner be able to test me for Covid-19?
A. No, the Nurse Practitioner is not able to test members for COVID-19 at this time. However, they will be able to assess your symptoms and risk for COVID-19. Symptoms may include cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fever, chills, muscle pain, sore throat or loss of taste or smell. The Nurse Practitioner will help direct you to the appropriate care, if necessary.
Q. What is the screening process and what are the illness symptoms?
A: As a means to protect both our providers and Members from exposure to COVID-19, we assess answers to the following screening questions: